Friday, May 22, 2015

Always KISS Me Goodnight | Leather wedding album

Before I was a professional photographer, or even a decent hobbyist, I had a treasured collection of 10-12 slip-in albums each with 200-250 photos plus boxes of loose prints that served as an account of my life.  As my technical photographic skills have improved and my editing has become refined, I realized that the imagery that I was creating for couples should be showcased in a special album. Thus began the search for a high-end wedding album that reflected my modern, clean style and evoked a sense of importance, elegance and beauty.  

After months of searching, I'm proud to introduce the KISS album to my product line as my signature wedding album.  It comes in buttery 100% leather or soft linen covers in a gorgeous array colors that clients can select to suite their style or mirror the colors of their wedding design.  Each book is carefully hand-crafted by the talented folks at KISS, located in Indiana.  You can definitely see their Hoosier pride as they carefully print, cut, cover and ship each album by hand. 

With every notable release comes a grand opening.  To mark the introduction of my new line, I decided to surprise my delightful clients, Alex & Sara Chrysler at their wedding photograph reveal appointment.  I brought them in just under 3 weeks after their May 2nd wedding, and we reminisced about their wedding over a glass of shiraz. After chatting about their honeymoon, I surprised them with a video slideshow presentation of their wedding day. It was so sweet to see Alex reach over to hold Sara's hand and watch them laughing and at times tearing up at their images.

When it was finished, I spent some time talking about the various fine art products that I carry, building up momentum to reveal my newest product.  I spoke excitedly about my new Leather albums.  I handed them the cover samples to peruse while I extolled the virtues of hand crafted albums.

And then I silently set this sample album in Sara's hands.  

  



Yep.  That's right.  In under three weeks, I busted out a full wedding gallery, designed a custom sample album which was then handmade and rush shipped just in time to slide it into Sara's hands and watch those dimples emerge as she smiled that slow, sweet smile.  (And if you're lucky enough to know Sara, you know exactly what I'm talking about.)  I think it left Alex speechless, but by the careful way that they handled the album and the tender looks they shared, I think they were happy.

This is why I'm a business owner.

This is why I'm a photographer.

Thank you Sara & Alex for making the long drive up to view your wedding images.  I hope that the experience was memorable.  I am very proud of your wedding images and beyond grateful to witness your lovely reaction to them.  Thank you for choosing me as your wedding photographer.

And remember...

ALWAYS KISS GOODNIGHT.





You can learn more about KISS album company at http://kiss.us/books

The album featured is a 12x12 fifteen spread (2 page spread) Leather Album in the color Tiffany.

No comments:

Post a Comment