Friday, May 15, 2015

Sara & Alex | Manor House, Mason, OH | Wedding | 2015

Sara and Alex are a beautiful, young couple.  They're huge sports fans and dedicated to CrossFit.  Yep.  That adorable little gal can lift like a boss.  Me?  I'm just lucky I can lug my camera gear all day at a wedding.  I sorta have a couple crush on them.  Besides being good-looking and athletic, they are so, well, happy and approachable, and the kind of couple you want to go out with on double dates.   So, it's really no surprise to see so many friends come out to honor them and celebrate.

Still, the most compelling experience about their wedding, at least for me, is that they are very effusive.  I think capturing the expression of genuine, unrestrained emotion is the best thing about photography.  To be a part of it, to simply witness it is beautiful, but to document it for all time always amazes me.       


I photographed Alex's wedding band with the bands of the other men near and dear to Sara's heart.

Sara chose lavender and two lovely shades of teal to complement the decor of the magnificent grounds at the Manor House.  I think her lavender, rhinestone embellished shoes were the perfect choice for her beaded, sweetheart neckline gown with lace overlay.



I love the way the light is falling on her face.  It feels a bit 50's glam to me.

Sara stitched a part of her father's shirt inside her dress to honor his memory.


The Manor House in Mason was the perfect spot for the ceremony and reception.  I loved it so much, you might see one of my daughters getting married there someday.





















Sara and Alex choose to wait until the ceremony to see each other, but they shared loved letters first.


Daddy sees his girl on her wedding day for the first time.



The Carriage House, a former golf clubhouse, is a stunning setting for a romantic ceremony.


Waiting to get married.


The Mother of the Bride.






I think Pops just realized that he gave away his girl.



The speeches were moving, but perhaps the most brilliant ending goes to the Maid of Honor, Kristen, who toasted "to forgetting Sara Marshall" and welcoming the newlyweds, Alex & Sara Chrysler.


I have to preach for a bit because A Spoonful of Sugar made a damn good cake.  If there was a fail-proof way to smuggle a layer home, I totally would have done it.  It was that good.


We ducked outside after dinner for a few night shots.


Sara & Alex surprised the crowd with a fun first dance.


Bridal Prep:  Springhill Suites North East

Hair:  Carissa Haneberg

MUA:  Alexis Gregorcyk

Flowers:  Baysore's Flower Shop

Wedding Venue:  Manor House

Cake:  A Spoonful of Sugar

DJ:  Jon Grice of Party Pleasers



No comments:

Post a Comment